Today was an exciting I must say. I was glued to my computer monitor at work. Reason being because today was the day we get to see the new Microsoft console which is called the XBOX ONE. Lets look at the run down specifications.
|Components||Microsoft Xbox One|
|CPU||8 Core CPU custom built by Microsoft|
|Graphics Processor||D3D 11.1 chip with 32 MB embedded memory|
|Memory (RAM)||8 GB DDR3|
|Memory (Storage)||500 GB HDD|
|Optical Drive||Blu-ray/DVD combo drive|
|Communication||Ethernet, three different 802.11n radios (for connecting to controller and other devices), WiFi Direct|
|A/V||HDMI input and output, 1080p and 4K support, Optical output|
|Controller||Xbox One controller with redesigned directional pad|
|Motion Control||New Microsoft-developed Kinect camera, with 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor and 1080p camera|
|Price||Not yet revealed|
|Availability||Later this year|
Also the new XBOX One features are added! You can customize it to your feel. Definitely looking forward to playing with the new XBOX HOME feature!
- TV on Xbox One: Navigate and watch live TV from your cable, telco or satellite set-top box through your Xbox One.
- Home: Turn on your entertainment system with two powerful words, “Xbox On” and a custom-tailored Home dashboard welcomes you with your favorite games, TV and entertainment.
- Snap: Do two things at once on the biggest screen in your home. Use Snap to jump into a multiplayer battle while watching your favorite movie, chat with friends on Skype while watching live TV or track your fantasy team on TV as you watch the big game and so much more.
- Skype for Xbox One: Specially designed for Xbox One, chat with friends on your TV in stunning HD, or for the first time ever, hold group Skype calls on your TV.
- Trending: Stay on top of what’s hot on TV by discovering the entertainment that’s popular among your friends and see what’s trending within the Xbox community
- OneGuide: Find your favorite entertainment easily, searching by network, name or time, all with the sound of your voice and presented in a tailored program guide.
Judging by the design and the look of it. This console is a BEAST in a box. I currently have a 360 and it blows it out of the water. A lot of questions been asked. I took some notes and managed to get some answers as well. Such as the “always online” question. Lets take a look!
Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. Xbox One is to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. So you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.
Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?
Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.
Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games? (Probably the most important question here)
Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. The design of Xbox One is to play an entirely new generation of games. Games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud.
Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?
Don’t need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity.
As can you see we have been waiting for a new system for quite sometime and finally it has been revealed. I’ve seen a lot of mock ups over the internet but I have to say this design is HUGE!
Here are some games that have been shown as well!
Call Of Duty “GHOSTS” one of the most anticipated games of the year! Also all DLC will be exclusive to XBOX LIVE members first!
That’s just to name a few but I know for sure when E3 2013 week hits will definitely know more about the new console! Other than that I am ready for the NEXT GENERATION of GAMING!
SEE YOU GUYS AT E3 2013!!!